Friday, May 31, 2013

Being Faithful

2 Thessalonians 3:3 NIV

"But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one."

As a leader, the best hope we have is to instill faithfulness into those we lead.  I supervise over twenty volunteers each week among four ministries.  My two biggest problems is getting people to be on time (for me that is at least ten minutes prior to the start of the class) or getting someone to last in a position longer than three months.

I will be changing how I select volunteers soon.  I have a manual to help guide the process, and I am trying to be more recognition oriented.  If it works, I will let you know.

Paul in writing to the church of Thessalonica was trying to convey the necessity of being faithful in prayer.  Paul requests prayer from the church and then reminds them that God is faithful.

In a world where uncertainty is the rule, God is the sure thing.  You can trust Him.  You can rely on Him.  He is always on time.  He always has the right answer.

When God strengthens us, He is establishing us or bringing stability to our lives so we have the ability to function and prevail in critical moments in life. God is faithful.

When God protects us, He cares for our immediate needs and guards us from the attacks of the devil.  The devil wants to steal, kill, and destroy faith.  He tries to wreck our peace and distract us from God.  God is faithful. 

Someone is praying for you today.   Take time to pray for someone else.  They may need the comfort only God can provide.  Be faithful as God is faithful.

I pray you experience His strength today and every day.

No comments: