Sunday, July 4, 2010

My Thoughts on Silly Bandz

My kids love them.  They come in Rock Bandz:












They have arrived as a Princess Bandz collection:



And you can find them in about six million (exaggerated) other shapes and sizes.  My kids are good at losing them, breaking them, and trading them.  My daughter started my son's collection by giving him all the ones she did not want. - he was four then and didn't care.


You would think that this fad would end but the creators of Silly Bandz have a very good marketing strategy right now - Sell collections of popular icons!

Do you think that they will become as famous as the leg warmers of the 1980s?

Or smiley face ties?  What about Members Only Jackets -wait...those are still in style, right?

What about Van Halen or E.T.?


Oh how I could go on about the eighties...Silly Bandz may be silly today but when you think back to when you were growing up.....what comes to mind?

No comments: