Thursday, January 10, 2008

Managing Your Time (Part 2)

2 Thessalonians 3:6-12

Ever heard of a busybody? You know, the person that has to know about everything in some one's life and then doesn't mind sharing it with everyone else.

Busybodies are not born, they are created. These are people who have spent more time convincing everyone that they live one way while hiding how they really live. They grow out of laziness and disorder.

Busybodies drive me nuts. They are more better at managing everyone's time than their own.

Paul says that "If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat." Living a Christian lifestyle should lead us to a life that is easier to manage. Disorder keeps us from "eating" or creates missed opportunities. Busybodies miss out on opportunities in relationships, at home, at work, in school, and wherever else that person may roam. I don't want to miss out on eating (it shows around my waist). I want strong relationships with my family, my friends, my employment, and at church. Through effort (work) I earn respect. I know I cannot be perfect but I will strive for that perfection.

Managing my time becomes an avenue for keeping me out of a mess and brings more order to my life. I want people to respect me. This respect comes through my efforts to give excellence to the things I do. Besides, one pastor once said that if I cannot solve the problem, then the problem probably is not mine.

Busybodies don't get it. So, don't be a busybody. Manage your time and overcome procrastination:
  • If a task seems to complicated then slice into more manageable pieces
  • Promise yourself a reward for completing tasks that seem too difficult and too unpleasant
  • Chart your progress
  • Decide on when enough is enough, especially if your are a perfectionist.

By knowing yourself you can avoid the pitfalls of becoming a busybody. Have fun!

No comments: